I wanted to share another What Theo Eats post with you all. I always love seeing what other kids his age are eating and I like getting new meals ideas. If you follow me on Instagram you get to see good amount of his meals. This is just an overview of the last week’s menu and what he had for his snacks and meals. He doesn’t always eat everything that I give him, and we definitely have our days where half of the food ends up being thrown to Matix (Matix never complains). However, I try not to get frustrated when the delicious food that I slaved over (*cough zucchini gratin *cough) doesn’t get eaten.
We just recently started giving him a normal plate. Previously we used either his EzPz suction mat or we just put the food directly onto his high chair tray. He’s been doing really good with eating off of a normal plate and doesn’t usually play around with it too much. If I notice he’s trying to pick up the plate or is about to tip the food off of it I just take the plate away and put the food on his tray instead.
What are some of your go-to meals for your little ones? Keep scrolling for Theo’s foods from this past week.
French toast with pomegranate seeds
He really liked this riced sweet potato and cauliflower combo… sadly he’s still not a fan of asparagus but I keep serving it and he keeps trying it.
I like how Matix is always in the corner.
His face cracks me up in this picture. I gave him his lunch in his own bowl and he just kept asking for the plate with all of the zucchini on it, so finally I gave in and let him have it all.
- Blueberry zucchini muffins (I made a few changes so that they had less sugar and a bit more protein) and a side of edamame
- French toast (I soaked the bread in egg and then poured the remaining egg on top while the bread was cooking so that the entire egg was included) with pomegranate seeds
- Pumpkin chia pudding (His spoon skills definitely need some work still so this is messy but he loves it)
- Scrambled eggs with leftover asparagus, riced sweet potato and cauliflower, avocado (he rarely eats scrambled eggs but on this day he actually ate a lot of them)
- Frozen Van’s waffle with cashew butter, a side of curried zucchini, and black beans
- Greek salad with quinoa and brown rice, kalamata olives, feta cheese, and avocado.
- Maple roasted carrots, curried zucchini, edamame, and pear slices (he ate so much of the zucchini and then the next day when i gave him some with his breakfast it all went to Matix)
- Teriyaki tofu with broccoli (I really like the baked tofu from Trader Joe’s, it’s so convenient and easy to cook up)
- Leftover butternut squash tacos
- Leftover chicken and brussel sprouts with pomegranate seeds
- Baked chicken with asparagus and riced sweet potato and cauliflower
- Chicken with artichoke spread, roasted garlic brussel sprouts, Annie’s macaroni and cheese
- Bacon, egg, cheese, and avocado sandwich (Theo ate this deconstructed, meaning I toasted his bread with cheese on it, and then served the eggs, bacon, and avocado separately)
- Baked zucchini gratin (I topped it with shredded cheese and some crispy fried onions), with black beans and avocado
- Roasted butternut squash tacos
- Rice cakes with nut butter
- Babybel cheese round
- Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
- Blueberries and pears
- Pudding cup (my dad gave him this when he was watching him haha. While I don’t buy these kinds of snacks, I try not to be strict about him occasionally having them if someone else offers.)
- No Bake Cookie Dough Bites